When you first visit any page of our site, you are given the option to accept or reject the use of non-necessary cookies. If you click “Accept” on the banner or continue using the site, the cookies listed below will be used. If you choose to reject cookies, only cookies necessary for website operations will be used. Necessary cookies expire at the end of the session or at the end of the day.
For visitors to the site and/or customers, the following data is collected and, where necessary, cookies are stored on your device:
- Google Analytics, for statistical purposes.
- PayPal marketing
- Any cookies native to the WordPress content management system which are necessary for website operations.
- Information for 3rd party retargetting advertising, which includes ip addresses and device information.
None of the above information above is used to personally identify a user.
- If you send us a message from the website, all information that you type into the form is stored on our mail server. If you do not become a customer, your data is deleted within 120 days. If you do become a customer, we will keep your email for contact purposes.
If you do become a customer:
- Only information necessary for providing the service is collected and stored on our server.
- When a customer terminates their service, all information is deleted within 30 days. Database backup files are deleted every 60 days. Therefore, the maximum time information may be stored is 90 days. If the customer requests, all their data will be deleted within 2 days.
- Emails and support tickets will be kept on file as long as a customer remains a customer unless the customer requests them to be deleted. After a customer terminates their service, all information is deleted within 30 days. Database backup files are deleted every 60 days. Therefore, the maximum time information may be stored is 90 days. If the customer requests, all their data will be deleted within 2 days.
You may disable the ability to accept cookies from DevelopingSocialMedia.com or any other website changing settings on your browser. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. To remove cookies from this or other websites you have visited, see this article:
You can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies altogether. This may disable certain features on various websites including DevelopingSocialMedia.com. Information about changing the settings in order to enable or disable Cookies can be found at:
For more information about other commonly used browsers, please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
To opt-out of participating in Google Analytics data collection: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you accepted cookies on our site by clicking “Accept” on the banner or continuing to use the site and later choose not to allow cookies, you may wait 30 days and you will see the banner to accept or reject again. Alternatively, you can use a different browser or clear your cookies and click “Reject” when you see the banner at the bottom.
We collect the minimum amount of information about you that is commensurate with providing you with a satisfactory service. This Policy indicates the type of processes that may result in data being collected about you.
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into, including your name, and email address, together with data about your use of the website. Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Your Internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files- “cookies” – that hold information which allows a website to recognize your account. Our website takes advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
We do not share your personally identifiable information to any third party for marketing purposes. However, we may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
Changes to this Policy